What Is It?
Why Does It Matter?
The 2018 GDPR and Its Impact On Your Site
Since you’re reading the JumpSIX Marketing blog, you’re likely a company based in the US. EU laws don’t apply, right? Well, this is where things can potentially get complicated. If you have users, customers, or clients based in Europe, you could be as liable for some significant fines as an EU-based company. While this is certainly unlikely, it’s also something that you can’t afford to be complacent about.
What Should Be Included In Your Policy?
- An introduction to your company, what you do, and specific functions of your website
- The kind of information you collect and why you collect it
- How that information is collected
- How the information is stored and how you make sure that the information is kept secure
- Contact information and ways in which users can access what information you have about them, as well as how it can be permanently deleted.
While this list can serve as a pretty good rule of thumb, what kind of information is in your policy will depend on who you are and what your business or organization does. Fortunately, there are plenty of up-to-date resources out there to help you build your own policy.
Talk to JumpSIX Marketing About Your Digital Presence
There’s plenty to think about when you’re running a business, and everything that comes with digital marketing, advertising, and search engine optimization just adds even more to your to-do list. Of course, you could always let JumpSIX Marketing handle it. JumpSIX Marketing is a full-service digital marketing agency, not to mention a Google Partner, and we can help you develop, target, and implement your digital strategy. Contact JumpSIX Marketing about our digital marketing services now.